Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide, timing suggestions for delivering the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product' heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.
The class files for this training guide were released on March 20, 2013 (part number AS-A14UP12-10-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
AutoCAD 2014 Update for AutoCAD 2012/2013 Users (Mixed Units)
Total number of pages: 120
Total Hours: 8
The AutoCAD 2014 Update for AutoCAD 2012/2013 Users training guide introduces the new and enhanced features of the AutoCAD® 2014 software. Topics covered range from general improvements and command enhancements to new 3D modeling techniques and customization workflow. There are enhancements to many commands and many new commands have been added.
Among the many changes in this new release are the general user interface components including: Command Line, File Tabs, Help, Ribbon, Quick Views, Quick Properties, Property Preview, File Format, Quick Access Toolbar, Secureload, External References, and Images.
There are several updates to commands, such as Hatch, Array, Multileaders, Arcs, Polylines, Offset, and various 3D tools, such as 3D Model import file types, Presspull, Point Clouds, and creation previews. New tools are also introduced, such as Surface Curve Extraction and Design Feed.
Some new major functionality includes being able to automatically generate intelligent documents based on 3D models with the new Drawing Views toolset in the new Layout tab. Online collaboration has been enhanced with direct access to Autodesk 360 and social networking sites. Searching for objects within a large database and libraries has also been enhanced with increased functionality in Content Explorer.
- Interface enhancements
- Command enhancements including Hatch, Array, Offset, Arc, Layers, and Polyline
- Style enhancements to Section and Detail Views
- New 3D Model Import file type list
- Various 3D command enhancements
- New automatic 3D Model Documentation toolset
- Point Cloud utilization
- New DWG conversion capabilities
- Customization updates in the Cloud
- Design Feed palette
- Autodesk Exchange enhancements
- New direct access to Autodesk 360 (Cloud)
- Content Explorer enhancements
This training guide assumes familiarity with the AutoCAD 2012 or 2013 software.