Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Video-Enhanced eBook Description
Video-Enhanced eBooks include linked video lessons throughout.
These video lessons provide instructors’ descriptions and demonstrations of key features and concepts. An Internet connection is required to view the streaming video lessons.
The training guides delivered in this Video-Enhanced eBook format carry the Autodesk Official Training Guide (AOTG) designation.
• Are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• Are for electronic use only, and are not a printable PDF.
• Cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
• Have a 1-year license. Access expires one (1) year following activation.
ASCENT video-enhanced eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf application.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide and timing suggestions for delivering various sections of the course.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.
The class files for this training guide were released on May 13, 2016 (part number AS-ACD1701-3DM1MU-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
AutoCAD 2017 (R1): 3D Drawing and Modeling - Mixed Units (1st Ed.)
Total number of pages: 412
Total Hours: 24
Total Videos: 186
The AutoCAD® 2017 (R1): 3D Drawing and Modeling student guides introduces users who are proficient with the 2D commands in the AutoCAD® software to the concepts and methods of 3D modeling. The student guide provides a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of 3D and explores the main features of the advanced 3D Modeling workspace in the AutoCAD software.
- 3D viewing techniques
- Working with simple and composite solids
- Creating complex solids and surfaces
- Modifying objects in 3D space
- Editing solids
- Creating sections, camera perspectives, and animations
- Working with point clouds
- Converting 3D objects
- Setting up a rendering with materials and lights
- Creating 2D drawings from 3D models
- Working with the User Coordinate System
- Set up a drawing for 3D Prints
Before taking this course, students need to have a good working skill level in the AutoCAD software. A minimum of 80 hours of work experience with the AutoCAD software is recommended.