Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide, timing suggestions for delivering the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF
The class files for this training guide were released on April 17, 2013 (part number AS-IDS14RDHW-10-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 BIM Workflow for Roads & Highways (IMP)
Total number of pages: 488
Total Hours: 16
The Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite software is a comprehensive Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Infrastructure software solution that combines intelligent, model-based tools to help streamline workflows and optimize infrastructure project outcomes.
With unique access to the Autodesk portfolio (both the desktop and the cloud), users can gain more accurate, accessible, and actionable insight throughout the project execution and lifecycle of transportation, land, and water projects.
This training guide takes you through an example workflow for a road and highway design project using the Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate software. Students use the Autodesk® InfraWorks, AutoCAD® Civil 3D®, Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage, Autodesk® 360, AutoCADWS, and Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design software to complete a road design project from project planning through visual communication and construction documentation.
Upon completion, you'll be able to do the following:
- Establish existing conditions using the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Sketch multiple layouts of the proposed roadway using the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Identify the optimal corridor location and create proposals to communicate the selected option using the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Create Engineered Road Designs in the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Exchange Autodesk InfraWorks design information with the AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Create typical cross-sections of the road using Assemblies in the AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Create a complex corridor model of the roadway in the AutoCAD Civil 3D software using Autodesk InfraWorks design data.
- Create and edit intersection designs.
- Calculate quantities using cut/fill and material quantity calculators.
- Combine the AutoCAD Civil 3D software, Autodesk® Revit® Structure software, and other data sources in the Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage software.
- Perform clash detection in the Autodesk Navisworks Manage software.
- Create visual presentations to communicate design intent using storyboards, scenarios, and renderings using the Autodesk InfraWorks software and/or the Autodesk 3ds Max Design software.
Fundamental experience with AutoCAD® Civil 3D user interface, navigating the model, alignments, and profiles.