Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide, timing suggestions for delivering the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.
The class files for this training guide were released on July 16, 2013 (part number AS-IN14E3D-10-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
Inventor 2014 for Experienced 3D CAD Users
Total number of pages: 1038
Total Hours: 24
The Autodesk® Inventor® 2014 for Experienced 3D CAD Users training guide is intended to provide accelerated introductory training in the Autodesk® Inventor® software. This training guide can be used in a 3-day introductory training class and is designed for users that have 3D modeling design experience with other 3D CAD software packages (e.g., CATIA, Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Parametric, NX, SolidWorks).
By leveraging the experience users gain in working with other 3D modeling software packages, this hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum is developed so that new users in the Autodesk Inventor software can benefit from a shorter introductory level training guide. The new user is taught how to find and use the modeling tools associated with familiar modeling strategies that are used in other 3D CAD software. Users of this training guide acquire the knowledge needed to complete the process of creating models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
Topics covered include:
- The Autodesk® Inventor® software interface
- Creating sketch and pick and place features
- Work Features
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Model geometry and model display manipulation
- Feature duplication techniques
- Placing and constraining parts in assemblies
- Assembly component display
- Model Information
- Presentation files (Exploded views)
- Assembly tools
- Creating parts and features in assemblies
- Assembly bill of materials
- Working with projects
- Creating and annotating drawings and views
As an accelerated introductory training guide, Autodesk Inventor 2014 for Experienced 3D CAD Users assumes prior knowledge of 3D modeling and other 3D CAD software. Users with AutoCAD or AutoCAD Mechanical experience are recommended to use the Autodesk Inventor 2014 Introduction to Solid Modeling training guide.