Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Video-Enhanced eBook Description
Video-Enhanced eBooks include linked video lessons throughout.
These video lessons provide instructors’ descriptions and demonstrations of key features and concepts. An Internet connection is required to view the streaming video lessons.
The training guides delivered in this Video-Enhanced eBook format carry the Autodesk Official Training Guide (AOTG) designation.
• Are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• Are for electronic use only, and are not a printable PDF.
• Cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
• Have a 1-year license. Access expires one (1) year following activation.
ASCENT video-enhanced eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf application.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
The class files for this training guide were released on Nov. 16, 2016 (part number AS-INV1701-CHD1MU-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
Autodesk Inventor 2017 (R2): Cable and Harness Design 1st Ed.
Total number of pages: 412
Total Hours: 16
The Autodesk® Inventor® 2017 (R2): Cable and Harness Design student guide instructs students in the use of the Autodesk® Inventor® Cable and Harness environment. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to design physical cables and harnesses for electrical systems in almost any kind of product or machine. With specific tools to incorporate cable and harness into digital prototypes, the Autodesk Inventor Cable and Harness Design software enables you to calculate accurate path lengths, avoid small-radius bends, and help ensure that electrical components fit into the mechanical assembly before manufacturing.
- Describe the functionality of Cable and Harness and the basic workflow to add and document cable and harness designs.
- Wire a harness assembly by adding or importing wires and cables, adding ribbon cables, adding route segments, and routing wires and cables through the segments.
- Refine a cable and harness design by editing the wires, cables, routes, or cable ribbons; by adding and editing splices; or by adding and editing virtual parts.
- Communicate your cable and harness to others by creating and annotating 2D drawings and exporting the design data.
- Create and manage the library file and configuration files.
- Create, author, and publish electrical parts and connectors to a custom Content Center library.
This student guide is designed for experienced users of the Autodesk Inventor software. The following is recommended:
- Students should have completed the Autodesk® Inventor® 2017: Introduction to Solid Modeling student guide, or have an equivalent understanding of the Autodesk Inventor user interface and working environments.
- Knowledge of part modeling, assembly modeling, and drawing view creation and annotation, is recommended.