Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide and timing suggestions for delivering various sections of the course.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.
The class files for this training guide were released on April 10, 2013 (part number AS-RA14FD-20-CF-exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
Revit Architecture 2014 Fundamentals (Imperial)
Total number of pages: 622
Total Hours: 32
The Autodesk® Revit® Architecture software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way Architects think. From Preliminary Design through Design Development, and into Construction Documents, the program streamlines the design process with a central 3D model. Changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets. This training guide is designed to teach you the Autodesk Revit functionality as you would work with it in the design process. You begin by learning about the user interface and the Autodesk Revit commands for design development followed by those available for construction documentation.
Since building projects themselves tend to be extremely complex, the Autodesk Revit Architecture software is also complex. The objective of the Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014 Fundamentals training guide is to enable students to create full 3D architectural project models and set them up in working drawings. This training guide focuses on basic tools that the majority of students need to work with the Autodesk Revit Architecture software.
- Understand the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in Revit
- Navigating the Revit Architecture workspace and interface
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools in Revit
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Adding floors and roofs to the building model
- Creating component-based and custom stair
- Detailing Reflected Ceiling Plans with ceilings and lighting fixtures
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
- Creating details
An understanding of Architectural terminology is an asset.