Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide, timing suggestions for delivering the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your
The class files for this training guide were released on Feb. 15, 2017 (part number AS-RAR1701-LSA1IM-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
Autodesk Revit 2017 (R1) for Landscape Architecture - Imperial (1st Ed.)
Total number of pages: 512
Total Hours: 24
The Autodesk® Revit® software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that has allowed countless firms to incorporate the BIM workflow into their designs. As a key component of this workflow, Autodesk Revit allows landscape architecture firms to produce powerfully intelligent designs.
This training guide is designed to teach you the Autodesk Revit functionality focusing on creating and documenting full 3D project models for an urban environment. Begin by learning about the user interface and basic drawing, editing and viewing tools. Then learn how to create a basic building with walls, doors, windows and roofs. From there, move into modelling hardscapes using walls, floors, and stairs and adding components such as trees, site furniture and planting areas. An introduction to topography trains users in using toposurface tools that come with Autodesk Revit. Finally, learn the processes that take the model to the construction documentation phase.
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools.
- Starting a project based on existing CAD drawings or Autodesk Revit Models.
- Adding retaining walls, hardscape, stairs and other building elements.
- Placing components for plantings, furniture, and lighting.
- Creating and modifying basic topography.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
An understanding of landscape architecture terminology is an asset.