Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide, timing suggestions for delivering the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.
The class files for this training guide were released on April 13, 2017 (part number AS-RAR1801-FND1IM-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
Autodesk Revit 2018 Architecture Fundamentals - Imperial (1st Edition)
Total number of pages: 616
Total Hours: 32
The Autodesk® Revit® software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way architects think. The program streamlines the design process through the use of a central 3D model, where changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets.
This student guide is designed to teach you the Autodesk Revit functionality as you would work with it throughout the design process. You begin by learning about the user interface and basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools. Then you learn design development tools including how to model walls, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, stairs and more. Finally, you learn the processes that take the model to the construction documentation phase.
Since building projects are extremely complex, the Autodesk Revit software is also complex. The objective of the Autodesk® Revit® 2018 Architecture: Fundamentals student guide is to enable students to create full 3D architectural project models and set them up in working drawings. This student guide focuses on basic tools that the majority of users need.
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools.
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Creating component-based and custom stairs.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset