Volume discounts available
*Please note: Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide and timing suggestions for delivering various sections of the course. Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.
Revit MEP 2013 Fundamentals (Imperial)
Total number of pages: 648
Total Hours: 32
The class files for this training guide were released on June 21, 2012 (part number AS-RMEP13FD-10-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2013 Fundamentals training guide has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation.
The training guide is intended to introduce students to the software’s user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk Revit MEP software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The objective is to familiarize students with the tools necessary to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take you through the basics of a full Autodesk Revit MEP project, from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
- Introduction to Autodesk® Revit® MEP, its interface, including viewing, drawing, and editing commands
- Working with linked architectural files
- Creating and modifying views
- Understanding Autodesk Revit MEP systems in general
- Creating spaces and zones
- Analyzing heating and cooling loads
- Working with HVAC module to add air terminals, mechanical equipment, and create HVAC systems
- Working with the Piping module to add mechanical equipment as well as creating hydronic piping systems
- Working with fire protection systems
- Working with fixtures, piping systems, and analysis tools in the Plumbing module
- Working with components, circuits, cable tray, and conduits in the Electrical module
- Creating and annotating construction documents
- Adding tags and creating schedules
- Detailing in Autodesk Revit MEP
This training guide introduces the fundamental skills in learning the Autodesk Revit MEP software. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in MEP engineering and its terminology.