Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
Video-Enhanced eBook Description
Video-Enhanced eBooks include linked video lessons throughout.
These video lessons provide instructors’ descriptions and demonstrations of key features and concepts. An Internet connection is required to view the streaming video lessons.
The training guides delivered in this Video-Enhanced eBook format carry the Autodesk Official Training Guide (AOTG) designation.
• Are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• Are for electronic use only, and are not a printable PDF.
• Cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
• Have a 1-year license. Access expires one (1) year following activation.
ASCENT video-enhanced eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf application.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the Student Guide and eBook. The Instructor Tools for this training guide are delivered in a downloadable PDF document and contain answers to questions throughout the guide and timing suggestions for delivering various sections of the course.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.
The class files for this training guide were released on April 18, 2016 (part number AS-RME1701-FND1IM-CF.exe). Please refer to the link in your training guide to download the latest class files.
Autodesk Revit 2017 (R1) MEP Fundamentals - Imperial (1st Ed.)
Total number of pages: 692
Total Hours: 32
Total Videos: 198
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk® Revit® 2017 (R1) MEP Fundamentals student guide has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation.
The student guide is intended to introduce students to the software’s user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk Revit software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The student guide will also familiarize students with the tools required to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take the students through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
- Working with the Autodesk Revit software’s basic viewing, drawing, and editing commands.
- Inserting and connecting MEP components and using the System Browser.
- Working with linked architectural files.
- Creating spaces and zones so that you can analyze heating and cooling loads.
- Creating HVAC networks with air terminals, mechanical equipment, ducts, and pipes.
- Creating plumbing networks with plumbing fixtures and pipes.
- Creating electrical circuits with electrical equipment, devices, and lighting fixtures and adding cable trays and conduits.
- Creating HVAC and plumbing systems with automatic duct and piping layouts.
- Testing duct, piping and electrical systems.
- Creating and annotating construction documents.
- Adding tags and creating schedules.
- Detailing in the Autodesk Revit software.
This student guide introduces the fundamental skills in learning the Autodesk Revit MEP software. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in MEP engineering and its terminology.