Volume discounts available
ASCENT eBooks contain the same content as our printed training guides providing users with a personal electronic copy of the book.
Access your eBook 3 ways:
1.) Download to a personal computer. No Internet connection is required after download to the Bookshelf.*
2.) Download to a mobile phone or tablet (iOS 4.0 or later; Android 2.2 and higher)
3.) Access online from any Internet-connected device with browser.
• Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
• Intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
• eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
• eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
*ASCENT eBooks are hosted through the VitalSource Bookshelf app
CATIA V5R20: Introduction to Modeling
Total Hours: 40
Learn the process of designing models with CATIA V5 from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production. Gain an understanding of the parametric design philosophy of CATIA V5 through this extensive hands-on course with numerous practice exercises. It is expected that all new users of CATIA V5 will require this course.
Course topics include:
- Overview of Parametric Design Process
- Customization of CATIA V5 Environment
- Creating and Constraining Sketch Geometry
- Sketched Feature Techniques
- Adding Material with Pad and Shaft Features
- Removing Material with Pocket and Groove Features
- Fillet, Chamfer, Hole, Draft, and Shell Dress-Up Features
- Multi-Profile Sketched Features
- Pattern, Copy, and Mirror Duplication Features
- Formulas and Parameters
- Obtaining Part Information
- Generative Drafting View Creation
- Generative Drafting Dimensioning and Annotation
- Rib and Slot Features
- Adding and Removing Material with Loft Features
- Feature Management Using the Hide / Show, Activate / Deactivate Functions
- Parent/Child Relationships and Feature Failure Resolution
- Assembly Design Workbench
- Assembly Creation Techniques
- Obtaining Assembly Information
- Standard Parts from Catalogues and Save Management
- Effective Modeling Tips and Techniques