The AutoCAD® 2021: Beyond the Basics guide is designed for AutoCAD® 2021 software running on Windows. This guide is not designed for the AutoCAD for Mac.
The objective of AutoCAD 2021: Beyond the Basics is to enable you to create, modify, and work with a 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software.
The AutoCAD® 2021: Beyond the Basics guide continues on from the topics covered in the AutoCAD® 2021: Essentials guide. It covers more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template, creating annotation styles, and how to work with external references. You learn such skills as:
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Adding parametric constraints to objects
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Attaching External References
The AutoCAD® 2021: Beyond the Basics guide is not recommended for users that have completed the AutoCAD® 2021: Fundamentals guide, as content for Beyond the Basics is already covered in the Fundamentals course.
- Access to the 2021.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2020).
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of your operating system.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.