The AutoCAD® 2022: Update for AutoCAD 2020 & 2021 Users guide describes the new and enhanced features introduced in the AutoCAD 2021 and AutoCAD 2022 software releases. The topics covered range from the general improvements and basic command enhancements to advanced sharing commands and other collaboration tools.
Among the many changes in these releases is the redesign of the Start tab and the capability of having separate multiple drawing windows open at the same time. The working of the Trim and Extend commands have been made much simpler and many improvements have been made to the Blocks palette for easier insertion of blocks. New content collaboration tools (such as the Count command, Share drawing, Trace command, Version History, and Autodesk Docs) added to the software are discussed in this learning guide.
In addition to the instructional content that is provided to explain the enhancements, exercises are included for many of the topics to allow you to work directly in the software and practice the newly learned skills.
- Start Tab Redesign
- Floating Drawing Tabs
- Help Enhancements
- Version History
- Quick Measure Enhancements
- Trim and Extend Commands Update
- Blocks Palette Enhancements
- Count Command
- Purge Redesign
- Xref Compare Command
- Revision Cloud Enhancements
- Share Current Drawing
- Autodesk Web App
- Trace Tool
- Gesture Enhancements for Touch Enabled Devices
- Introduction to Autodesk Docs
- Access to the 2022.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2021).
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- This guide assumes familiarity with the AutoCAD 2020 or 2021 software and a mastery of AutoCAD basics as taught in AutoCAD®: Fundamentals.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.