The Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2022: Fundamentals guide provides a thorough introduction to the Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2022 software that will help new users make the most of this sophisticated application, as well as broaden the horizons of existing, self-taught users.
This guide instructs you on how to effectively use the software interface and navigate through the scenes. It explores the creation of 3D objects and how to bring in objects from other software such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D. Additionally, it teaches you to prepare the scenes for renderings by adding materials, lights, and cameras. Finally, the guide covers an understanding of various renderers included with the software, as well as image creation and animation techniques.
The practices in this guide are primarily geared towards real-world tasks encountered by users of the Autodesk 3ds Max software in the Architecture, Interior Design, and Civil Engineering industries. Advanced topics such as character modeling, character animation, and rigging are not covered in this guide.
- Autodesk 3ds Max interface and workflow
- Assembling files by importing, linking, or merging
- 3D modeling with primitives and 2D objects
- Using modifiers to create and modify 3D objects
- Materials and maps
- Autodesk 3ds Max lighting
- Working with cameras and exposure control
- Rendering using various renderers, such as Scanline, ART, and Arnold
- Animation for visualization
- Access to the 2022.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2021).
- Experience with 3D modeling is recommended.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions and timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course.