The Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2023: Beyond the Basics guide is designed for civil engineers and surveyors who want to continue exploring the Autodesk Civil 3D software’s interactive, dynamic design functionality. It continues on from the topics covered in the Autodesk Civil 3D 2023: Essentials guide and covers more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. This guide looks at configuring the software, Civil 3D's styles and settings, alternative ways to create surfaces, and creating parcels. It also goes beyond the basics for more advanced corridor and pipe network design. Finally, it covers customizing sheet set properties and performing quantity take-offs and visualization.
- Create a Civil 3D template drawing.
- Create and manage styles and label styles.
- Create data shortcuts.
- Create and edit parcels and print parcel reports.
- Create, edit, view, and analyze surfaces.
- Create assemblies, corridors, and roundabouts.
- Add appurtenances to pressure pipe networks.
- Customize sheet set properties.
- Perform quantity takeoff and volume calculations.
- Access to the 2023.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2022).
- Knowledge of Civil 3D basics as taught in Autodesk Civil 3D: Essentials, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD® or AutoCAD-based products and a sound understanding and knowledge of civil engineering terminology.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.