The Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 software supports a wide range of civil engineering tasks and creates intelligent relationships between objects. The Autodesk Civil 3D 2024: Beyond the Basics for Grading guide is recommended for users who create or manage site grading plans using the Autodesk Civil 3D software.
This learning guide covers the use of feature lines, grading tools, and corridors to create a commercial site containing a parking lot, building pads, pond, and simple sewage lagoon. A road has been included in the survey, for which the existing conditions were collected by a survey team. The practices have been designed to allow you to practice grading lots in a small residential subdivision.
The learning content in this guide assumes that the existing conditions are already processed. To learn how to create the existing conditions, refer to Autodesk Civil 3D 2024: Essentials for Surveyors.
• Introduction to grading
• Parcel grading
• Grading using feature lines
• Grading using grading objects and grading groups
• Grading using corridors
• Combining surfaces
• Visualization in Autodesk® InfraWorks®
* For professionals looking to learn only the survey functionality, consider the Civil 3D Essentials for Surveyors guide.
• Access to the 2024.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2023).
• Knowledge of Civil 3D basics as taught in Autodesk Civil 3D: Essentials, or equivalent experience.
• A sound understanding and knowledge of civil engineering terminology.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in the following ways:
- Download to a computer (Windows or MAC)
- Access online (via a computer connected to the internet)
- Download to a compatible smart phone or tablet device
- Dual monitors or separate reader device recommended to facilitate use with software.
- eBooks are intended for single-user use only. License restrictions prevent multi-user or network access.
- eBook is not a printable PDF and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
Instructor Guides are ideal teaching resources that incorporate the following instructional tools within the learning guide: answers to the chapter review questions, suggested timing guide for course delivery, and instructor presentation files.