The Autodesk® InfraWorks® 2022: Fundamentals guide is designed for people using either of the following software packages:
- Autodesk® InfraWorks®
- Autodesk® Architecture, Engineering and Construction Collection
The guide provides you with a fundamental knowledge of the accelerated design process that uses data-rich 3D models with high-end visualizations. This enables you to create, evaluate, and better communicate 3D site plan proposals for faster approvals.
PLEASE NOTE: For the printed version, this learning guide is printed in grayscale. Due to the nature of InfraWorks' dark interface, the figures in this learning guide may be darker and lose some detail in the print version. For color images, please purchase the eBook version of this learning guide.
- Create property boundaries for parcels, easements, and right of ways
- Create and modify design roads with precise parameters
- Add components and decorations to roads
- Adjust roadside grading
- Apply and review superelevations in component roads
- Modify how design roads intersect using a standard intersection or roundabout
- Optimize the vertical design of a roadway
- Create gradient maps based on selected feature sets to identify areas with low impact for site or corridor optimization
- Find an optimal horizontal design of the roadway which yields a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution
- Run traffic simulations to analyze and animate design traffic
- Add bridges to a design roadway
- Work with bridge deck and girder cross sections
- Perform analysis and design checks on all the pre-stressed girders of your bridge
- Run a watershed analysis
- Create or modify culverts
- Create a pavement drainage network
- Analyze the pavement drainage network
Point Cloud Modeling:
- Preparing the point cloud
- Create a terrain from a point cloud
- Create features from a point cloud
- Access to the 2022.1 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2022.0, 2021).
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.