The Autodesk® Inventor® 2022: Update for 2020/2021 Users guide introduces the new concepts and modeling techniques that have been added to the 2021 and 2022 releases of the Autodesk® Inventor® software. The guide covers enhancements to the most commonly used environments and contains practices for applying the new concepts.
- Enhancements that have been made to the Inventor interface
- General enhancements that affect commands that are used in multiple Inventor environments
- Tips for efficiently working with the Properties panel
- Detailed workflow procedures for the feature creation tools that have been newly transitioned to the Properties panel
- Enhancements that have been made to the assembly Model browser
- General assembly enhancements, including an improved Save dialog box, further control for how bolted connections are created, and new naming options for copied and mirrored components
- Creating and using instance properties in assemblies and their BOMs
- Simplifying assemblies using the Properties panel (previously called Shrinkwrap)
- Creating and using model states in part and assembly models
- Enhancements to how drawings and their views are created and annotated
- Enhancements to the Flange dialog box and how flanges are created, as well as using model states in sheet metal models
- Using Frame Generator with the new Properties panel interface
- Access to the 2022.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2021).
- The class assumes mastery of Autodesk Inventor basics as taught in Autodesk® Inventor®: Introduction to Solid Modeling. In addition, the completion of Autodesk® Inventor®: Sheet Metal Design or equivalent experience is recommended.
- The use of Microsoft® Excel is required for this guide.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.