The Autodesk® Inventor® 2023: Fundamentals for CAM Users is a hands-on, practice-intensive guide designed to equip CAM users with basic modeling and assembly skills in Inventor that are required prior to setting up models in Inventor CAM for manufacturing. Note that this guide does not cover any Inventor CAM functionality and is solely intended to provide introductory training in specific Inventor topics that are relevant only for CAM users. For instructions on Inventor CAM functionality, please refer to the Autodesk® Inventor® CAM: Milling Fundamentals guide. Also, if extensive Inventor modeling experience is required, it is recommended that you refer to the Autodesk® Inventor® 2023: Introduction to Solid Modeling guide.
- Understanding the Autodesk Inventor software interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing the solid base 3D feature from a sketch
- Creating and editing secondary solid features that are sketched and placed
- Manipulating the display of the model
- Duplicating geometry in the model
- Placing and constraining/connecting parts in assemblies
- Manipulating the display of components in an assembly
- Obtaining model measurements and property information
- Working with projects
- Customizing the Autodesk Inventor environment
- Access to the 2023.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2022).
- As an introductory guide, Autodesk® Inventor® 2023: Fundamentals for CAM Users does not assume prior knowledge of any 3D modeling or CAD software. You need to be experienced with the Windows operating system, and having a background in drafting of 3D parts is recommended.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions and timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course.