The Autodesk® Inventor® CAM 2022: Milling Fundamentals guide focuses on instructing new users on how to use the Inventor CAM add-on to create milling toolpaths. The guide begins with an introduction to the overall Inventor interface and explains how to manipulate your 3D model to change its orientation and view display. Through additional hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, you will learn the key skills and knowledge required to take the 3D model, set it up in the CAM environment, and assign the 2D and 3D milling toolpaths needed to generate the CNC code required by milling machines.
- Navigate the Inventor software interface to locate and execute commands.
- Use the model orientation commands to pan, zoom, rotate, and look at a model.
- Assign visual styles to your models.
- Locate, modify, and create tools in the Tool Library.
- Set up machining operations using Inventor CAM.
- Create 2D Milling, 3D Milling and Drilling toolpaths using the Inventor CAM interface.
- Use the Simulation option to visualize toolpaths.
- Import a tool library.
- Create a toolpath template.
- Post process an Inventor CAM setup to output the CNC code required to machine a model.
- Access to the 2022 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2021).
- As an introductory guide, Autodesk® Inventor® CAM 2022: Milling Fundamentals does not assume prior knowledge of Autodesk Inventor CAM. However, this guide will not provide instructional content on how to create 3D models using the Inventor modeling tools. Its focus is solely on generating 2D and 3D milling and drilling toolpaths once models are created. The Autodesk® Inventor® 2022: Introduction to Solid Modeling guide should be used to learn to create 3D models.
- It is recommended that users have prior experience with the Windows operating system, knowledge of 3D model creation/modification, and an understanding of the CNC milling process.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions and timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course.