The Autodesk® Navisworks® 2021: Fundamentals guide teaches you how to better predict project outcomes, reduce conflicts and changes, and achieve lower project risk using the Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage software in a BIM workflow.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) encompasses the entire building life cycle. BIM includes all phases of the design process, from model creation to construction and ending at operations and maintenance. Using a BIM workflow, you will learn how a design changes throughout the BIM process and how the changes affect the BIM model.
Over the course of this guide, you will learn how to consolidate civil, architectural, structural, and MEP models into one BIM model. Starting with an Autodesk® Civil 3D® drawing file, you will append various Autodesk® Revit® and Autodesk® Inventor® models and check for conflicts. Next, you will use review and markup tools for communicating issues across disciplines. Finally, you will use TimeLiner, Animator, and Clash Detective to simulate construction and find constructibility issues and on-site clashes.
This guide is designed for new and experienced users of the Autodesk Navisworks software in multiple disciplines.
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Navisworks software.
- Consolidate Models
- Navigating the Autodesk Navisworks workspace and interface.
- Creating a composite model.
- Transforming models for proper alignment.
- Review and Analyze Models
- Using basic viewing tools.
- Saving and retrieving views.
- Sectioning a model.
- Investigating properties.
- Searching for items.
- Hiding and unhiding items.
- Measuring a model.
- Adding tags and comments to model components.
- Marking up and redlining the model.
- Animate a model.
- Writing scripts for interacting with the model.
- Creating photorealistic images.
- Reviewing a model for clashes.
- Consolidating redlines from other team members.
- Performing quantification calculations and material takeoffs.
- Creating a construction timeline.
- Animating a construction timeline.
- Access to the 2021.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide.
- The 2021 Civil 3D Object Enabler must be installed on the computer running Navisworks.
- A working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software is recommended.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.