To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk® Revit® 2021: Fundamentals for Structure guide has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of structural buildings from engineering design through construction documentation.
This guide is intended to introduce you to the user interface and the basic building components of the software that makes Autodesk® Revit® a powerful and flexible structural modeling tool. The goal is to familiarize you with the tools required to create, modify, analyze, and document a parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take you through the basics of a full structural project, from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
- Introduction to the Autodesk Revit software
- Basic drawing and editing tools
- Setting up levels and grids
- Working with views
- Starting a structural project based on a linked architectural model
- Adding structural columns and walls
- Adding foundations and structural slabs
- Structural reinforcement
- Beams, trusses, and framing systems
- Analytical models and placing loads
- Project practices to reinforce learning
- Construction documents
- Annotating construction documents
- Detailing and scheduling
- Access to the 2021.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2020).
- This guide introduces the fundamental skills in learning how to use the Autodesk Revit software, with a focus on the structural tools. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in structural engineering and its terminology.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.