The Autodesk® Revit® software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way architects think. The program streamlines the design process through the use of a central 3D model, where changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets.
The objective of the Autodesk® Revit® 2022: Fundamentals for Architecture guide is to enable you to create a full 3D architectural project model, including walls, doors, windows, components, floors, ceilings, roofs, and stairs, using the basic tools that the majority of architectural users need. This includes how to navigate the user interface and use the basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools. The final part of the course focuses on creating construction documents.
- Understanding the purpose of BIM and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic sketching and modifying tools.
- Review Revit file worksharing, terminology, and workflow.
- Linking CAD and Revit files as the basis of a project.
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Modeling stairs, railings, and ramps.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
- Access to the 2022.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2021).
- An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.