Autodesk® Vault Professional 2021: Data Management for Autodesk® Inventor® Users introduces the Autodesk Vault Professional 2021 software to Autodesk Inventor users. This guide is intended for Autodesk Inventor users who need to access their design files from the Autodesk Vault software. It provides an introduction to the Autodesk Vault Professional software and focuses on Autodesk Vault's features for managing design projects with the Autodesk Inventor software from a user's perspective.
You can use the Autodesk Vault Professional 2021 software and should use the Autodesk Inventor 2021 software to complete the exercises in this guide. Note that this guide does not cover administrative functionality. Hands-on exercises are included to reinforce how to manage the design workflow process using the Autodesk Vault Professional software. Included with this guide is a training Vault that can be used alongside a production Vault, to ensure that both Vaults can be accessed from the Autodesk Vault software.
- Introduction to Autodesk Vault Features
- Using the Autodesk Vault client
- Searching the Vault
- Working with non-CAD files in the Vault
- Working with Inventor files in the Vault
- Customizing the user interface
- Data management and reusing design data
- Items and bills of materials
- Change management
- Access to the 2021.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2020).
- Good working knowledge of the Autodesk Inventor software.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.