Using the CATIA V5-6R2018: Introduction to Modeling learning guide, you learn the process of designing models with CATIA V5 from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production. Upon completion of this learning guide, you will have acquired the skills to confidently work with CATIA V5, and gained an understanding of the parametric design philosophy of CATIA V5. It is expected that all new users of CATIA V5 need to complete this learning guide.
This guide was developed using CATIA V5-6R2018, Service Pack 1.
- Overview of Parametric Design Process
- Customization of CATIA V5 Environment
- Creating and Constraining Sketch Geometry
- Sketched Feature Techniques and Formulas
- Adding Material with Pad and Shaft Features
- Removing Material with Pocket and Groove Features
- Creating Reference Elements for construction and measurement
- Fillet, Chamfer, Hole, Draft, and Shell Dress-Up Features
- Pattern, Copy, and Mirror Duplication Features
- Thin Features, Stiffeners
- Obtaining Part Information
- Generative Drafting View Creation
- Generative Drafting Dimensioning and Annotation
- Rib and Slot Features
- Multi-sections Solid Features
- Feature Management Using the Hide / Show, Activate / Deactivate Functions
- Parent/Child Relationships and Feature Failure Resolution
- Assembly Design Workbench
- Constraint creation, assembly management, and PDM considerations
- Obtaining Assembly Information (Measure, Clash, and Bill of Materials)
- Standard Parts from Catalogs and Save Management
- Working with Multi-Body Models
- Effective Modeling Tips and Techniques
- Access to the CATIA V5-6R2018 software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- Experience in mechanical design and drawing production is recommended.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
Instructor Tools are sold separately from the guide and are delivered as a downloadable set of PDF instructor presentation files that complement the guide.
Once you have completed your purchase, you’ll receive an order confirmation email with a link to access the Instructor Tools. Within that email, click on ‘Instructor Tools’ (found under the ‘Product’ heading), in order to gain access to your PDF.