Note: The AutoCAD® 2020: Fundamentals learning guide is designed for those using AutoCAD® 2020 with a Windows operating system. This learning guide is not designed for the AutoCAD for Mac software.
The objective of AutoCAD 2020: Fundamentals is to enable you to create, modify, and work with a 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software.
Part 1 (chapters 1 to 20) covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The guide begins with learning the basic tools for creating and editing 2D drawings. It then continues to explore the tools used to annotate drawings by adding text, hatching, dimensions, and tables. More advanced tools, such as working with blocks and setting up layouts, are introduced to improve your efficiency with the software. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the essential tools and concepts, such as:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
- Organizing drawing objects on layers
- Using reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
Part 2 (chapters 21 to 32) continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template, creating annotation styles, and how to work with external references. You learn such skills as:
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Adding parametric constraints to objects
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Attaching External References
- Access to the 2020 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of your operating system.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
1. Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
2. Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
3. Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.