The Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2020 software supports a wide range of civil engineering tasks and creates intelligent relationships between objects. The Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2020: Grading guide is recommended for users that are required to create site grading plans using the Autodesk Civil 3D software. This guide is also ideal for managers that require a basic overview and understanding of this aspect of the Autodesk Civil 3D software.
Users use feature lines, grading tools, and corridors to create a commercial site containing a parking lot, building pad, pond, and simple sewage lagoon. An existing road has been included in the survey and a survey team collected the existing conditions. Users also work on a residential site to grade a small subdivision for proper grading of each lot.
- Introduction to Grading
- Parcel Grading
- Grading using Feature Lines
- Grading using Grading Objects and Grading Groups
- Grading using Corridors
- Combining Surfaces
- Access to the 2020.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2019).
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.