The Autodesk® InfraWorks® 2020: Fundamentals for Conceptual Design and Visualization guide is designed for people using any of the following software packages:
- Autodesk® InfraWorks®
- Autodesk® Architecture, Engineering and Construction Collection
The guide provides you with a fundamental knowledge of the accelerated design process that uses data-rich 3D models with high-end visualizations. This enables you to create, evaluate, and better communicate 3D site plan proposals for faster approvals.
- Navigate the Autodesk InfraWorks user interface
- Create new models from scratch
- Incorporate existing data sources into the model
- Add essential design elements to the model including:
- Conceptual roads
- Conceptual bridges
- Conceptual buildings
- Coverages and land areas for shaping terrain
- Pipe networks
- Conceptual railways
- Water features (streams and bodies of water)
- Vegetation, vehicles, and other city furniture
- Display features according to data behind the model
- Create new styles according to project requirements
- Analyze a model to ensure that project constraints are met
- Collaborate with other project team members
- Create high-impact visualizations of the project for better communication
- Generate videos by using storyboards
Access to the 2020.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2019).
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.