Autodesk® Revit® is a Building
Information Modeling (BIM) tool, which can be used by more than one person
working on a new project. This is an important feature in collaboration within
a project, between projects, and with other users, firms, and disciplines.
The objective of the Autodesk®
Revit® 2020: Collaboration Tools guide is to enable students,
who have a basic knowledge of Autodesk Revit, to increase their productivity
while working with other people on a team, either in the same firm or other
firms as well as with other disciplines. It also covers linking Autodesk Revit
files and linking or importing other CAD files. Practices are available for
each of the primary disciplines covered by Autodesk Revit: architecture, MEP,
up project phasing
and display a variety of design options
Autodesk Revit files
multi-discipline coordination including Copy/Monitor and Coordination Review
and export vector and raster files including exporting Autodesk Revit models
for energy analysis
use, and set up worksets
to the 2020.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide.
Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that
are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this
guide might not be compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2019).
should be comfortable with the fundamentals of Autodesk Revit as taught in Autodesk
Revit Architecture, MEP, or Structure Fundamentals. Knowledge of basic
techniques is assumed, such as creating typical elements as well as copying and
moving objects, creating and working with views, etc.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.