The Autodesk® Inventor® 2020: Introduction to Solid Modeling guide provides you with an understanding of the parametric design philosophy through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum. You will learn the key skills and knowledge required to design models using Autodesk Inventor, starting with conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
- Understanding the Autodesk Inventor software interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing the solid base 3D feature from a sketch
- Creating and editing secondary solid features that are sketched and placed
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Manipulating the display of the model
- Resolving feature failures
- Duplicating geometry in the model
- Placing and constraining/connecting parts in assemblies
- Manipulating the display of components in an assembly
- Obtaining model measurements and property information
- Creating Presentation files (Exploded views)
- Modifying and analyzing the components in an assembly
- Simulating motion in an assembly
- Creating parts and features in assemblies
- Creating and editing an assembly Bill of Materials
- Working with projects
- Creating and annotating drawings and views
- Customizing the Autodesk Inventor environment
- Access to the 2020 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- As an introductory guide, Autodesk® Inventor® 2020: Introduction to Solid Modeling does not assume prior knowledge of any 3D modeling or CAD software. You need to be experienced with the Windows operating system, and having a background in drafting of 3D parts is recommended.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in three ways.
- Download your eBook to your personal computer and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf application. No Internet connection is required after you download your eBook to the VitalSource Bookshelf.
- Download your eBook to your mobile phone or tablet and open it in the free VitalSource Bookshelf app. Compatible with:
Access your eBook online from any Internet-connected device with a modern browser.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets (requires Android 5.0 and higher)
- Dual monitors, tablet, or separate reader device is recommended to facilitate use of the eBook with the software throughout the course.
- eBooks are intended for single user use only. License code restrictions prevent multi-user access or use on networks.
- eBook file is not a printable PDF, and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks can not be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
An Instructor Guide provides you with all that you need to teach the training course. It contains all the same instructional content as a Learning Guide, along with the answers to the chapter review questions, timing suggestions to help you in delivering various sections of the course, and instructor presentation files that complement the guide.