The AutoCAD 2024: Essentials guide is designed for those using AutoCAD® 2024 with a Windows operating system. This guide is not designed for the AutoCAD for Mac software.
The objective of AutoCAD 2024: Essentials is to enable you to create, modify, and work with a 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software.
This guide covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The guide begins with learning the basic tools for creating and editing 2D drawings. It then continues to explore the tools used to annotate drawings by adding text, hatching, dimensions, and tables. More advanced tools, such as working with blocks and setting up layouts, are introduced to improve your efficiency with the software.
Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the essential tools and concepts, such as:
• Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface
• Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
• Organizing drawing objects on layers
• Using reusable symbols (blocks)
• Preparing a layout to be plotted
• Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
The AutoCAD 2024: Essentials guide is not recommended for users that have completed the AutoCAD 2024: Fundamentals guide, as the Essentials guide is part of the Fundamentals two-book set.
• Access to the 2024.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide are not compatible with prior versions (e.g., 2023).
• A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
• A working knowledge of your operating system.
ASCENT eBooks are delivered through the VitalSource Bookshelf e-textbook platform. This format enables you to access your eBook in the following ways:
- Download to a computer (Windows or MAC)
- Access online (via a computer connected to the internet)
- Download to a compatible smart phone or tablet device
- Dual monitors or separate reader device recommended to facilitate use with software.
- eBooks are intended for single-user use only. License restrictions prevent multi-user or network access.
- eBook is not a printable PDF and intended for electronic use only.
- eBooks cannot be returned if license code has been redeemed.
Visit: bookshelf.vitalsource.com to learn more
Instructor Guides are ideal teaching resources that incorporate the following instructional tools within the learning guide: answers to the chapter review questions, suggested timing guide for course delivery, and instructor presentation files.